South Florida Women’s March on Washington - Bend the Arc Contingent
All are welcome to join me for some Shabbat singing and learning before the rally on the lawn of the amphitheater at 11am. Look for me in a tallit, with a guitar and a big sign that says, "Praying With My Legs."
I'm hosting a Bend the Arc contingent at the Women’s March on January 21, 2017 to bring together friends, family, and neighbors to march in solidarity and make sure the voices of American Jews are heard in this historic moment. At marches all across the country, thousands of women and allies are taking to the streets to respond with a powerful message of unity: we are here, we will not be silent, and together we will not give an inch on our human rights. Sign up to join this Bend the Arc contingent!
- Parking is suggested at the garages located on Clematis & US1, or Banyan one block west of Flagler.
- Counter-protesters, while not expected, are a possibility. Our best advice to all in the event they are encountered is this: do NOT engage. Don't make eye contact or give them the satisfaction of even acknowledging their presence, it will only fuel their anger. Stay away from them. If you are concerned they are becoming violently agitated, please bring this to the attention of a police officer (WPB Police will be present)
- Please bring your own drinking water, sunscreen, folding chair if needed, snacks, comfortable weather appropriate clothing, a poncho just in case, and a positive attitude!
- Be considerate of the area, including bathrooms. It will be the responsibility of South Florida Activism to return the area and bathrooms to their original state before leaving if we want our $500 deposit back so that we can donate it to Planned Parenthood! Your help in all of this is greatly appreciated.
- Volunteers will be needed. If you are interested in helping out, please meet us in front of the stage at 11:30 AM for a quick orientation before the event.
- Since we've moved locations, we will have signs and a volunteer at the old location to direct any stragglers to the Amphitheater.
- We are asking for this to be an alcohol and smoke free event!
104 Datura St West Palm Beach, FL 33401 United States